This is my first ever nomination for the Liebster Award, and I’m so honored that someone likes my blog enough to pay attention to me and nominate me. I’m eternally grateful to Big City Bibliophile for nominating me. 🙂
I think The Liebster Awards are a great idea. They not only promote blogger interactions, but people get to discover a lot of fantastic blogs through posts. Of course, the questions are very creative and are a lot of fun to answer.
1. Put the Liebster Award logo on your blog.
2. Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominations.
3. Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
4. No tag-backs.
5. You must tell all the blogs that you have nominated them.
The 10 questions I received from Big City Bibliophile are these:
1. If money wasn’t an issue, what job would you choose to do for the rest of your life? Why?
I would love to be a professional author and/or reviewer. I’m very passionate about reading and writing, and I’ve always had the utmost respect for all writers, whether I like their work or not. From experience, I know it’s very difficult to put your work out there for the world to read and love and criticize. I’m taking creative writing right now in college, and I only hope that this class can pave the way for a nice little career in the writing industry. If not writing, I would love to be a professional reviewer. I would get paid to read books and write about them; what could be better? Haha 🙂
2. Name some things you’re grateful for.
I’m grateful for my family and my friends, who have supported me through thick and thin, and who I’m sure will support me forever. I’m grateful that I have a loving, sweet boyfriend who loves me for who I am, and who is my best friend and my support in a lot of things. I’m grateful that I have had a good education, and I’m grateful to my dream college for giving me the scholarship I so desperately needed to attend it. I’m grateful to Linkin Park – one band that has got me out of very dark, sticky times. I’m grateful to J.K. Rowling, who taught me some of the most important life lessons. I’m grateful to the Italians for inventing pizza and pasta, and I’m also grateful to God for making Taylor Lautner, because he’s fine as shit.
3. What is your favorite book of all time and why?
I’m going to skip the obvious (Harry Potter), and say that The Secret History by Donna Tartt is a book that I will always recommend. I read it last year, and I don’t think any other book has stayed with me like this one has (apart from HP – okay, you get the idea.) It’s such a dark, twisted tale about friendship, jealousy, corruption. The tone of it, the psychological impact of it, the story… everything was so well-done, and whenever I think about it, I’m always blown away.
4. Name something significant in your life that has made you who you are today.
When I was very young (around 8 years old), my younger brother passed away after a three-year old battle with leukemia. I don’t think it would come as a surprise to anyone when I say that this event completely turned my world upside down, and everything – I mean, EVERYTHING – changed. We moved out of England, back to Pakistan. We were a person short in the family. We didn’t have a lot of money. I didn’t have a sibling. I had to take care of my parents- they had to take care of me. I think that this event has shaped me in such a way that instead of mourning for my brother, even after almost 10 years, I’ve learned to take the life lessons I learned as the positive. I’ve learned that life’s too short to have regrets. I live it to the fullest, and I hope I can inspire people to do the same some day.
5. What types of films pique your interest? Name a few of your favorites in that category.
I’ve always been a huge fan of psychological thrillers. I think my favorite movie of all time would be The Sixth Sense. I’ve loved this movie ever since I was old enough to watch it (hehe). Other movies would include Shutter Island, A Beautiful Mind, and Memento.
6. What do you wish you had endless amounts of time to do?
7. You can take one person out for the day. It can be anyone. Who is it, and what do you do?
Definitely J.K. Rowling. She’s such an inspiration to me, and I’ve learned so much from her writing and her interviews. She’s a strong, independent woman who is everything that I can ever hope to be, and I doubt I’ll ever meet her in my life, but if I could do one thing, it would be to sit down and have a conversation with her. Maybe we’d just sit there and have a cup of coffee or tea. Who knows? But I’d love to do it.
8. If you could own any creature as a pet (real or fictional) – what would it be?
I’ve always been fascinated by wolves. I don’t think it’s legal in a lot of places to have a pet wolf, but if it were, definitely a wolf. They are such majestic, isolated creatures. They intrigue me beyond words.
9. If you’re a reader, who is your favorite author? What makes them special?
J.K. Rowling. :3 See answer #7.
10. Why do you blog?
I love to read. I love to talk about the books I’ve read, and I love to read about other people’s opinions about books they’ve read. I think it’s very important to convey your honest opinion about an item, and also convey why you love it in the hopes that the people who worked hard behind producing said item can come across your review and perhaps smile when they read it. If there is not a lot of something in the world- it’s smiles. 🙂
My 10 questions are these:
1. What are some of your hobbies? What got you into these hobbies?
2. Who was your favorite teacher in school, and why? Did they ever inspire you?
3. What do you prefer? Winter or summer? Coffee or tea? Indoors or outdoors? Movies or books?
4. Who are some of your favorite music artists?
5. Who would you say has had the most influence on you in your life? It can be someone you know, someone you don’t know, a fictional character, your pet… anything really.
6. Tell me a funny incident that happened in your life. 🙂
7. Pick someone from your life. Someone important – anyone. Tell me about that person.
8. What are some things that you like about yourself. Be honest.
9. If you could do anything in your life without a care in the world, what would you do?
10. Why do you blog?