Hey everyone! Hope you’re having a great start to the weekend! I have another readathon TBR for you today. Before going on vacation in late-June, I’m trying to get a ton of reading done and readathons are so motivating!
The TBR Takedown readathon is taking place from June 1st to June 8th, and it’s going to be a ton of fun so join in if you can! I’ve never done a TBR with challenges, so I’m looking forward to it. Participants are supposed to complete five challenges:
1) A book from your most recent haul – I picked P.S. I Love You by Jenny Han, which is the sequel for To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. I’m not sure when I’ll be reading this, but I’ll probably pick it in between one of my bigger, more complicated books!
2) A book that’s been on your TBR shelf for over a year – For this, I chose the Little Friend by Donna Tartt. I’ve read both of Donna Tartt’s other books, and I’m a huge fan of her writing. I don’t know why it’s taken so long for me to decide to read this one- maybe because I haven’t heard great things about it, but I’m excited to give it a go!
3) A book that’s out of your comfort zone – I’m not a huge sci-fi person, and adult sci-fi intimidates me. I think I’ve only read two adult sci-fi novels; one I hated, the other I enjoyed but I wouldn’t necessarily categorize that as sci-fi. I’ve been wanting to read Lexicon for a while now but it was intimidating for me, so this readathon is the perfect opportunity to give it a go!
4) An unread sequel – I picked Daughter of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor, which is the second book in the Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy! I really enjoyed the first one, and I’m hoping I’ll like the second one just as much, if not more!
5) A first book in a series – I had a ton of choices for this one. I ended up picking A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray because I didn’t want to start a series that had a couple of books out already- I already have so many series to catch up on! This way, I fulfill the challenge and I don’t have to buy the sequel immediately!
So that’s it for my TBR. Let me know down in the comments if you’re planning to participate; if you are, tell me what books you plan on reading or link me to your blog post or video! I’d love to see them. If you’re not participating, let me know what your reading plans are for next week! Also, if you’ve read any of these books, let me know what you thought of them! Have a great weekend, and happy reading <3