Hello everyone! Today, I thought I’d do one of the awards/tags that are pending in my queue. I was nominated for this by three lovely people: Cátia @ The Girl Who Read Too Much, Jesse @ Books at Dawn, and Nick @ the Paper Dragon. A huge thanks to all of you awesome peeps. And do check out their blogs, because they’re fabulous!
1. Thank and follow the blog that nominated you
2. Tell us 11 facts about you
3. Answer the questions set up for you0
4. Nominate 11 people and make questions for them
Since I was nominated by three people, I’m going to answer 12 questions instead of 11, four by each person. Without further ado, let’s get into it!
Facts About Me:
- I have a borderline unhealthy obsession with Diet Coke. There is no limit to how much I can drink Diet Coke; just place a 2 liter bottle in front of me, and I guarantee that it’ll be empty in under an hour. Diet Coke is my weakness.
- I love concerts. There are very few things I love as much as going to a concert. We didn’t get many concerts in Pakistan, but ever since I moved to the US two years ago, I’ve been to a few. I’ve seen Kings of Leon, Imagine Dragons, Brand New, Linkin Park (my ultimate baes) and 30 Seconds to Mars. 😀
- There was a time when I thought I would never like Justin Bieber’s music, but he was right when he said ‘Never Say Never.’ Because his new album is dope as hell.
- I can play the guitar. I’ve been playing it ever since fourth grade, so that’s 11 years. I wish I was a pro but I’m really not. I just know the basic stuff.
- I can’t cook even if my life depended on it. When I try to make toast, it gets burnt. It’s horrible, and my culture requires people to have a know-how of cooking, so I’m a disgrace to my culture. XD
- I really hate the summer season. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I grew up in Pakistan, and the summer temperatures easily rose above 45 degrees Celsius (that’s above 113 Fahrenheit for you US-ers). So I much prefer winter.
- Going off the fact mentioned above, I really love the rain. I don’t think anything’s prettier than a rainy night. Rainy Manhattan is also so lovely because everybody’s indoors, so you can walk around without getting too mad at tourists.
- My favorite restaurant in this entire world is Nando’s. Every time I think about Nando’s, I want to cry a little inside because there isn’t one where I live, which I don’t understand because Nando’s is everything good in this world. *sobs*
- I’ve moved 13 houses, and I’m only 20 lol. 3 continents, 3 countries, 4 cities and 13 houses. It’s been the best of times, it’s been the worst of times. But it’s never not been fun. xD
- I don’t love desserts much, even though I do love chocolate and ice cream. But cakes and brownies? Nah, not usually. But sometimes things get a little weird and all I want in my life is desserts.
- I’m a really good swimmer. When I was in Pakistan, I was part of the regional swimming team. I haven’t been swimming much ever since I moved to America, and I miss it. So much.
Tea or Coffee?
Iced tea, hot coffee. Sorry, I can’t choose. I wouldn’t say I can’t live without either tea or coffee, but I do really like a good iced bubble tea and a hot coffee.
What else do you do in your free time?
I watch Netflix and stuff. Or I lay around stuffing my face with pad thai. Or both, you know.
If you were an animal, what would you like to be and why?
I really love wolves. I would like to be a wolf because they’re so majestic and feral and lethal. Although if I’m more realistic about myself, I’d say I’m more like a hippo.
If you could wake up tomorrow in someone else’s body, who would you pick and what would you do?
This is where my superficiality comes out. I’d love to wake up in Kylie Jenner’s body. Like. She’s rich, she doesn’t do anything except shop and she gets paid to shop. And she has a slamming body. Yep.
What author will you never read from again? Why?
Colleen Hoover. I don’t think she has good themes in her books. I’ve read Ugly Love, and the guy in that one was borderline stalker-ish, and the girl had absolutely zero self-respect. And I’ve read Maybe Someday where the relationship was built on hypocrisy and cheating, and Miss Hoover tried to justify it. Not on board with that shit at all.
What is the last movie you have seen in theaters?
The Revenant! It was pretty good. Both Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy gave stellar performances, especially the former because to act like you’re freezing cold and in severe pain throughout the movie was no easy feat. Give that man an Oscar already, am i rite?
What book would you like to see as a movie?
The Secret History by Donna Tartt. That book was released almost 30 years ago, and it’s a literary masterpiece, and I think it would do wonderfully as a movie. So what are you waiting for, movie-people?!
Which one of your 5 senses can you live without: sight, smell, touch, hearing, taste? Why?
I don’t think I could live without any of my senses, but if I had to choose, I’d say smell. Because I pretty much live without smell when I have a blocked nose…
What book could you read over and over till it falls apart?
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
Which character(s) do you want as your best friend?
I just want to be BFFs with Fred and George from the Harry Potter series. Just imagine being best friends with those two. How much would they make you laugh? *le sigh*
If you could recommend one tv series or movie, which would it be?
The Sixth Sense is a movie everybody should watch. If you haven’t seen it, go do it now because it’s phenomenal and a lot of mind-fuckery ensues.
If you could rewrite one book and refilm one movie or series, which one would you take?
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. I would undo a lot of shit that happened, and do a lot more shit that didn’t happen.
I’m going to nominate some of my newest followers, as a way to thank them for taking the time to follow my blog as well as a way to get to know them a little bit better. If you’ve already done this or don’t want to do this, by all means ignore me! This is for fun, and I don’t want anyone to feel pressured to do this if they do not want to. 🙂
- If you could go on a date with a celebrity crush, who would it be and what would you do?
- What’s your favorite food/drink for summer? Spring? Fall? Winter?
- Who was your favorite childhood teacher and why?
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
- You win a competition that lets you go to five cities on a grand tour. Where would you go?
- Who is one fictional character you would bring back to life.
- What are some of your goals and aspirations for 2016?
- Tell me about one of your fondest childhood memories.
- What are some of your guilty pleasures?
- What’s your favorite thing to do in weather where you can’t go outside?
- What are three books you would rescue from a fire?